Friday 16 December 2011

And so the story begins.........Part 1

Right, I will try to make this as short as possible - so as not to bore the hell out of you on my first post. My DH and I got married almost 2 years ago now and although I always romanticised about conceiving on my honeymoon night, we both knew that would not be ideal (after spending all our money on the wedding). So we just decided we would enjoy our marriage and begin by "not trying, not preventing" if you know what I mean. However I had noticed that for more than a year before the wedding my periods were extremely irregular (once in 3months was pretty usual), so I went to see my doctor and told her the situation. She said it was nothing to worry about. We continued with our strategy.

9 months down the line I decided to go back and this time tell my doctor that I wanted to have a baby, and so my periods need to be checked out - she said that usually I would need to wait for a year of ttc but because of my irregular periodS she would proceed with investigations. She told me it could be polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) but tests would need to be done in order to confirm it. She referred me to Royal Free Hospital to get some blood tests and an ultrasound.

Stay tuned for part 2......

No comments:

Post a Comment