Friday 16 December 2011

..........Part 2

Hi there, I hope my first post was not to boring for you - not that anyone has read it yet, I will be so excited when I get my first subscriber as I have not told any friends or colleagues, just my mother-in-law (she's amazing).

So let me continue. About 1 month after my doctor appointment I went to have an ultrasound and some blood tests. The u/s was a good experience as it was good to actually see the insides of my body and it was actually commented that I had quite a few visible cysts but it could be due to the fact that I am preparing to ovulate. It was not painful, just a bit uncomfortable as my bladder was so full. My blood were tested for LH, FSh, prolactin, and some other stuff I can't remember.

2 weeks later I went back to my doctor for the results. She said my blood work was reasonably normal and the ultrasound came back fine - she was so vague it was annoying. She told me to de-stress and it would probably happen naturally. I forgot to mention in the last post that she told me to get my DH to get a semen analysis done also, so by this time we had the results for this too, and once again, all was fine. In my mind I was thinking "so where does this leave us now" and what will we do now. She told us that she would refer our case further and that we should receive a letter about what to do next. Her advice was that I probably would need something to help me to ovulate.

So I was waiting impatiently for this letter to come - I am not lying when I say I did not receive anything for over a month. The stress and the anxiety was getting to me so much that I just decided to call my doctor and have her withdraw the referral. I had quite a lot of other things going in my life at that time and did not want the added stress. I decided to take the viewpoint of "it's probably not the best time anyway, Gods's time is the best time" that phrase can be so convenient at times.

Fast forward 5 or 6 months and we decided to play the game again with a more prepared mindset. I got my doctor to put in the referral again, to which she obliged, and then we waited patiently for the letter. I decided that I would use the time to learn more about fertility and my body. I read blogs, books and all sorts. I started taking the prenatal vitamins amongst other things ( I will share my experience of such in later posts)and started charting with fertility friend. After about 3wks I got a letter from UCHL from their reproductive medicine unit asking me to book an appointment with a consultant. I called and got an appointment for November 23rd 2011, it was about a 6week wait (thats the Nhs for you, but at least it's free).

In my next post, I will go into details about that appointment, but basically that's where were at now. Sorry if this was so long, I was trying to keep it concise, but I know some of you may want to know the details, I know I did. I read so many blogs trying to find out how my experience with the consultant would be.

What has your journey been like so far? Anything like mine? Also, please feel free to ask me any questions - maybe I did not explain something very well. I am new to this blogging thing and not so tech savvy. If you have any suggestions on how to make this blog a better reading experience,I would be happy to hear them.

Take care and God Bless xx

No comments:

Post a Comment